Can we start with a silver lining? Over the past few months, at Endurance, we quickly pivoted from a very hands on, in person class and private session model to a completely online platform in a matter of days! It was scary, different and we had no idea how things would go. For the past six months, we have had the pleasure of sharing Endurance with our regular in-studio friends, but have also increased our reach to students in Canada, Europe and all over the US! It has been a lot of fun to reach out to previous students and to welcome newbies!
Are you new to Online Pilates? If so, here are a couple hints for you!
- We suggest a yoga mat (or 2 stacked) for comfort
- For our classes, you will not need any equipment, you will be able to perform all of the exercises just with your body! If available, we suggest something to squeeze between the knees- block, Magic Circle, towel, pillow!
- Set your mat up so that your instructor can see your profile view. Sometimes, we tend to keep the camera too high or too low- ideally, your screen shows from head to toe and from front to back. In Pilates, it is very important for the teacher to be able to see the position of your lower back and ideally everything else!
- Wear tight fitting clothes so your teacher can see your form.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions or inquire about modifications- this is your time and your class!
At Endurance, we are working an experience that will delight all of our students. Please feel free to offer suggestions about our Online Pilates so we can make your workout the best part of your day! Check out our schedule for class times!